FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long immigration and customs line caused us to miss connection- phone to rebook?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:24 pm
carlosdca

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
I can't recall a single experience that would make me recommend that MIA be avoided like the plague. Yes, it's a busy airport. Yes there are a lot of people who <gasp> speak a foreign tongue. But it generally works fine.
You can say the same about ANY airport and thus defend it.

The thing is that, compared to other AA's hubs, MIA is probably the WORST, IMO. If I can avoid MIA, I WILL!!!!! But sometimes, I can't.

Among the features that make MIA the worst: long immigration and custom exit lines (hours), long unpleasant walks despite the train, claustrophobic feeling, long waits at bag carrousel, probably the worst HUB Admirals Club, etc.

ANYWAY, I vote for going to the Admirals Club (even the MIA one )
The aagents there can handle anything. And, if anything, you could have had a drink and sit a comfy chair while making the call to AA (that would not have been necessary).

I would also suggest checking the computer or phone for your itinerary, and sometimes the rebooked itinerary shows already there. If so, you could have just checked in online and get new boarding passes.