FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:16 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Aquitaine
and the website also confirmed it.
Well, if by website you mean http://www.citibank.com.hk/global_do...dc-master.html , your expectations are possible but not guaranteed. It all depends on whether Citi chose to accept your applications simultaneously or consecutively. It is Citi's right to choose, not your right to insist.

In your case (and actually AFAIK from other cardholders' experience in hongkongcard.com) it chose the latter.

You essentially signed up a deal which gave them on paper the option to give you one welcome gift or two. Based on the terms alone you can't begrudge them for giving you just one.

Originally Posted by Aquitaine
Yeah the sales told me it was possible,
Now this will make a difference - if Citi (through its sales agent) made a representation to you that your applications will be processed simultaneously then you are indeed entitled to two.

Do you have this in writing? When I applied for Premiermiles and Prestige I was given a document request list which I had to reply by email (if agent asked docs to process both applications simultaneously then you have your evidence you should receive both welcome gifts).

Alternatively you can try complaining for the tape but they naturally claim the conversation you had with their agent does not exist. You might need an order for discovery or something to get it (and then find out their recording system's a mess).