FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:17 pm
travel69

Originally Posted by moondog
If the Chinese were to play games of this sort, the US would likely follow suit, and the entire arrangement would crumble.

Under the --in place until earlier this week -- previous rules, some consulates in the US didn't automatically issue multiple entry visas to first time applicants. But, they didn't exactly throttle availability either. Also, during the run up to the Beijing Olympics, there was a 5 month period in which good visas were hard to come by. After that dust settled, things returned to normal, and both sides continued to honor their reciprocal commitments.

What makes you think things will be any different now?
I do not think things will much different. Right now, it should be easiest to get one. later, difference consulate might have different policy. my thought basis is bureaucracy habit . if every body issue 10 year visa, they are feel nit important anymore. just like you said right now they require having visited china, hotel, flight etc.For 10 year visa, it might require holding one years visa before, bank statement, employment letter etc.
I hope I am wrong.