FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting observation on SSSS
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:07 am
purelywasted

Originally Posted by Baldpacker
I work in Yemen so I get the SSSS treatment every time I go to the U.S. It's pretty funny when they claim I've been "randomly selected" when I know very well that there's nothing random about it.

My only contribution to this thread is that if you notice the SSSS on your boarding pass, ensure the security guys notice and properly clear you. In Miami I noticed the SSSS on my BP and thought I was clever by not mentioning it and clearing security as usual. When I went to board the flight, my BP was rejected and they had to call a TSA official to the gate to give me a pat down, and they then had to hold the flight while he ran back to run the gloves through the atomizer. Believe me, there is nothing worse than being the guy getting extra attention at the gate!!
Very interesting, had it two years ago with nexus/GE (yvr-las), did not get extra security at scanners, when it came time to board, pulled aside, got the full rub down and sent on my way, a guy was waiting at gate for me. If I get it again, will definitely point it out.