FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Wall Sheraton, Beijing, China [Master Thread]
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:33 am
zyxlsy

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Originally Posted by moondog
A lot of powerful people go there and prefer to be discrete about it. I've been with clients a few times, and it's honestly no more sketchy than less exclusive KTVs.
Yeh, I know, I've been hearing stories about that place while in PKU. But when the guards thing happened, the place was already closed down.

My understanding was that maybe it was a hot spot for reporters to dig things up, so there were guards there. But having a restricted area in the hotel can be uneasy for first time guests, right?

Don't know what the hotel is like now, and don't really wanna know... I can spend $1000 a night for vacation in Bora Bora, but I am no where near buying clients $5000/night pros, and will not be in the near future...

For me personally, Westin Chaoyang would be the first choice for that area (had my wedding there), then Landmark Hotel.