FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Main Cabin Extra / MCE questions, eligibility, etc. (consolidated)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:38 am
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by robin13
So I booked and paid for Main Cabin Extra on my flight to and from DFW-FLL. Going there no problem got the extra leg room and loved it. Coming back I get to my row and go to sit down and guess what; no extra leg room. Matter of fact the seats were so close together that I had trouble putting my carryon in front of the seat before me. I turned around and noticed that the people behind me had extra leg room and I asked them if they paid extra for those seats. They said no and then I saw that they were in the emergency exit rows. I then asked the FA what happened to the Main Cabin Extra seats and she says that this aircraft doesn't have any. So my question is why did they sell me those seats for an extra $37.89? I am assuming that they changed aircraft but I asked the FA if this was an older plane and she said no. I thought all of the new planes had the MCE on them so was pretty surprised. Regardless, I was told to fax in a refund request as they can't do refunds over the phone. The only saving grace about this situation was that there was no one in the middle seat. Has this happened to any other people and if so how long did it take to get a refund?
As American Airlines is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the announcement at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: NEW AMERICAN / AA and US Pre-Merger FORUM STRUCTURE. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator