FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:20 am
BrightlyBob
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
To be clear here...

In 2013 (and earlier) when registering a code you had to answer the drop down box indicating "where you learned about the promo". Amongst the available answers were IHG website, IHG mailing, Hotel, friends and specifically "Intenet forum". Every time I registered codes utilised from FT I answered the source correctly, as Internet forum. As far as I'm concerned this behaviour was acceptable to IHG.

Now it's not.

I accept that.

I'm now burning my considerable points stash and don't see IHG as a competitive program any longer, it's point was points, without the ability to use codes other than those specifically offered the scheme loses its edge. But it's IHGs scheme, and IHGs game. And IHG are entitled pick up the roulette table and walk off with it. They are not entitled to my chips however and were they to try to seize my leigitamately earned points I would certainly fight the decision and feel confident I'm in the right.

This issue isn't about what IHG have done, closed the accounts of those in contravention of their rules, but the order in which they're doing it. If I do now what I was doing last year I'd be in contravention of the rules and "may" find my account seized... Fair enough. But as I'm not, and when I was registering for multiple codes it was accepted behaviour, any closure of my account this year on the basis of code-stacking last would be wrong as it wasnt in contravention of the rules, and indeed the fact that IHG decided to change the T&Cs wording appears to bear this out... If it was already against the rules in 2013, why was it necessary to change the T&Cs to make it against the rules in 2014?