FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to expect AF biz ATL-CDG
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:09 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xeno
Sorry but yes CDG-WAW is PE coded as Y. This ticket is a DL W fare upgraded with SWUs. So OKC-ATL is FC, ATL-CDG is AF biz then CDG-WAW is AF PE.

I just thought it was strange to be so far up front in what SeatGuru calls biz and yet I am put in a middle seat.

When I did the same kind of ticket into CDG and on to IST in April, I was given a PE aisle or window (don't remember) but not a middle seat.

I would like to move to an aisle seat but no help using phone to DL or AF with USA number.

The return (open jaw ticket) from BUD is the same coding but KLM gave me a PE seat when I purchased the ticket (8/9/14) for BUD-AMS then I am on DL medal back to ATL in BE then to OKC in FC.

Anyway so my question is do I push DL to send a message to AF? Do I ask for a seat change in the CDG AF lounge? Must I go early to the CDG-WAW gate to sort out the details?
There is nothing wrong here in the sense that PE is 3x3 seating, so obviously some pax fly in the middle seats. Only business class guarantees you to have the middle seat blocked. If the cabin is not full, then you'll be able to move and end-up with the middle seat free but you cannot bet on this. There is no advance seat selection in PE medium haul, so the seat choice is at check-in. No need to ask DL to send a message to AF for a seat choice, it's just wasting your time. Just see if you can change your seat on-line or see at CDG if there are better seats available.