FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:40 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
When UA cancelled its service to BKK, a lot of fliers were forced onto ANA for NRT/BKK. ANA had a golden opportunity to impress some new customers and maybe gain some LAX or SFO /NRT flyers from UA.

Instead they continue to fly one of their oldest planes with the Barcalounger seats in business, no first and basically E- seats throughout coach. I have talked to several of my colleagues who, like myself, fly to BKK regularly and all of us have decided that ANA is pretty much a joke.

I see other people praising the US/NRT service on ANA. But ANA blew their chance to attract the UA flyers to that service. Not sure why.
Why ? Because NH also figured out UA's F and C class are all upgraders if not NRSA ! (Note someone just started another thread about how he could be upgraded on NH's flight as a UA codeshare purchasing a low V vlass fare, with the UA metal portion already upgraded with GPU)

The paid C revenue is low on this route, and for F, how many are paid F on this route really ? If you look at the competitors on this route, DL has no F, TG basically only has 1 flight that has F, the other 2 are 788, so that is 2 class with no F. I know for a fact many F pax on TG's 380 on this route are upgraders as well, if not awards, or government official / the King's families which they get F for free anyway.

Are you a paid F or paid C pax ? If yes I wonder why wouldn't you book TG instead ? Be careful though TG may give you the seat that you want, but their service and food are really inconsistent, not to mention they can list a plane type for the flight, if the particular plane type does really operate that flight is always questionable.