FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to ANA: Leaving noe\w [dissatisfied customer]
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:33 pm
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
When UA cancelled its service to BKK, a lot of fliers were forced onto ANA for NRT/BKK. ANA had a golden opportunity to impress some new customers and maybe gain some LAX or SFO /NRT flyers from UA.

Instead they continue to fly one of their oldest planes with the Barcalounger seats in business, no first and basically E- seats throughout coach. I have talked to several of my colleagues who, like myself, fly to BKK regularly and all of us have decided that ANA is pretty much a joke.

I see other people praising the US/NRT service on ANA. But ANA blew their chance to attract the UA flyers to that service. Not sure why.
Totally agree..... which is why I never fly NH for TYO<>BKK. Did the NRT>BKK on TG F last night. That's the way to go.

And.... there is no sign that NH is planning on improving seats on their SE Asia routes. Barcalounger is OK if you're just flying out of TYO on a day flight, but if you're doing a red-eye or connecting from a TPAC, they are awful.