FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation Guidelines Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:27 pm
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Glad to see the FT tradition of harumphing off to greener pastures is alive and well in this thread.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I hope management might consider an exception for Diamond folks, anyway.
Doesn't seem like that's likely, but I would really like the Diamond Desk to retain the ability to cancel reservations without penalty. This year I've only had to do it once, for the stupid reason of forgetting to cancel when my plans changed. Something was preventing them from being able to do it, but they figured out a workaround in the system on the fly. ^

Originally Posted by Rebob
Anyone know offhand which chains do not have this archaic policy?
I'm also a Marriott Plat, and see same day cancellation on some properties, but not all. Last year I booked a stay at a Vacations property with a two day prior policy. I felt like I was living dangerously.

If you need the big footprint of Hilton, and Marriott does not have enough flexibility for you, I guess IHG would be the next place to look. Just a guess though; I've not stayed in a IHG property in years.