FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Platinum status: worthless.
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:23 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Indeed, unless Platinum members are far less likely to review hotels than Gold a non-status IHG Club members, there can't be that many Platinums, because whenever I look at IHG's online hotel reviews, which show the status of each reviewer, I have to scroll through lots and lots of reviews from non-Platinums if I'm looking for reviews which would tell me what benefits a Platinum got at that hotel.
Indeed. I expect Platinum members with 50-100 nights distributed over different chains to be much less likely to leave reviews. I just don't bother any more and have spent 80 nights in IHG hotels this year. I do send feedbacks for Best Western because they award some points.

In addition, Platinum members will probably visit the same hotels again and again. That also reduces the number of reviews.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Then please show me a hotel whose IHG reviews are heavily from Platinums.
That's pointless (see above).

I do remember reports on FT that no upgrades were received because too many guests were Platinum. I think there was also some airport hotel who set a quota (get an upgrade every second time) because of that.

HTB.