FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best seat on 737-900ER?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:50 am
Every1 Get A Life

Programs: DL Diamond
re: First Class Galley

Why do I see FTers talk about the size of the FC galley on the 739er fleet? Why should we care? Clearly it is large enough to support the catering needs of FC. I have flown the 739 in FC several times and it's not like anything has ever run out. I also have never thought that service speed seem impacted compared to other aircraft types. It looks a little cramped up there, but that is how 737s are because of the cart position closest to the cockpit extends aft. Definitely less roomy than say an A319 or A320...but it is what it is on the 737s.

It does appear that compared to the 737-700 and 737-800, that Delta went with only a half size cart galley behind door 1R on the 739 instead of a full size cart galley. But I have counted the carts while up there waiting for the lav, and there are 3 half size carts forward of the door and 3 half size carts behind the door. So the equivalent of 3 full size carts. The MD88, MD90 and 717 only have 5 full size carts for the whole plane. So while there is less storage than a 737 or 738, it seems like Delta decided that there was too much on the 737-700 and 737-800, so they went with a half cart galley. But like I said, nothing has ever run out for me. Have people on here run out of stuff?

It just seems weird to me that our assessment of the plane would ever involve commenting that a galley is small....