FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:19 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Petrus
Have another stay coming in this property next month. 3 nights. Unfortunately no splash suite available.

During our excellent stay in March, this was also the case but hotel management where extremely kind and made an exception, allowing us to DSU into a one bed Balcony suite on the 12th floor overlooking 41st. We have only praise from that stay. ^

Called hotel this time also, and it turns out I got to speak to the same manager as last time. Unfortunately, they are no longer confirming anything but Splash in advance, but would make a note in the booking so we might end in a suite, but chances are not great. That's absolutely fine of course.

Currently booked into an Andaz Loft. Online this looks like a rather nice mini-suite with bedroom and separate lounge/work area.
What would be the typical non-suite upgrade (highest category) Diamonds can expect? I'm asking as the separated work area is valuable due the trip being both for work and leisure. A very good friend is tagging along and we'll share the room, hence ideal with a slightly separated work space if buddy is lounging.

Also, are lofts on high or low floors?
I'm having the same problem right now - no splash suite available for an upcoming 3-night stay, although several other suite types are available. Came to this thread to see if it might make sense to contact the hotel. Did you stay already? Did they make an exception?