FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL16 to DL2632 - is this really a valid connection??
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:39 am
katekate08

DL16 to DL2632 - is this really a valid connection??

I'm hoping for advice about if I can make a connection at LAX - and if not, what to do about it.

I am booked on Delta to fly Sydney to LAX (DL16), and LAX to BNA (DL2632). When I originally bought this ticket, DL16 arrived in LAX at 7am and DL2632 left at 9:45.

They have recently changed both times so that now DL16 arrives at 8am and DL2632 leaves at 9:10am.

I have already called Delta (twice) but have been assured that this is a valid connection. I enquired about if there was any possibility of changing my itinerary, or possibly putting me on a Virgin Airlines codeshare flight that leaves Sydney earlier and arrives at LAX at 6:30am, but they told me they were unable to do this because there were no seats available with the same Letter Code (?) as mine.

I'm a bit extra stressed because I'm flying the Saturday before Christmas, so I am worried about finding room on other flights if I miss my connection to BNA and have to be re-accomodated.

I would appreciate any advice about if this is in fact a "valid" connection, or if there's any other steps I could take to get a longer layover.

I've been living in Australia for years and have made this trip many times, but this is my first time with Delta and so far I'm not feeling very happy about it!