FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked my first WestJet ticket ever yesterday...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:49 pm
WestonC

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by YYCguy
The newest aircraft in the fleet are coming with no TVs as there is no economic benefit to installing the TV system just to rip it out in a few months to install the new WIFI system with power/usb installed in the seats. The tablets that are available to rent are not tiny. And the movies are not crappy. That's a very subjective opinion. But yes, if you have your own device, as many people do, bring it along with your favourite movies downloaded and the unit charged up and you should be fine!
Then You must fly a different wesjet than I do. I flew wesjet this weekend to Hawaii and back. 5.5 hours on a plane with no avod but I brought my iPad. The bloke next to me rented a tablet and it was tiny. Smaller than my iPad. So yes they are small. He said the movies sucked. I looked in the book and what I saw weren't that great. But everyone has different taste. The other tablets I saw them renting out were small.

Anyway. Wesjet is in it for the money and not for the passenger. They are a business. Cant expect more.