FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bahncard Questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:39 pm
KQ321

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Apologies for a couple of slightly OT comments...

Originally Posted by bruce80
Yep, but in my understanding, you'll receive the 25% discount on the total ticket price, including the supplement for additional pax. As I said, I'm not entirely sure about it, but it most certainly only applies to Sparpreis.
Hmm. This doesn't seem to be the case in the bahn.de booking engine currently...

Looking at prices for (the same) randomly selected train from Frankfurt to Munich, for a 2nd class SparPreis ticket:
- 1 pax (no BC) is €49
- 2 pax (no BC) is €89, so €49 for the first pax, and a €40 supplement for the second
- 2 pax (1 BC25, 1 no BC) is €76.75, so €36.75 for the first (75% of €49) and the full €40 supplement for the second
- 2 pax (2 BC25) is €66.75, so €36.75 for the first (75% of €49) and €30 (75% of €40) supplement for the second

So, it doesn't seem that the BahnCard discount currently applies to anyone other than the actual holder. However, I have rarely, if ever, booked tickets for groups where 1 pax had a BahnCard and others didn't, so I've no idea how long this has been the case.

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
This one is OT but is the Nuremberg Christkindlmarkt worth visiting?
IMO, German Christmas markets are definitely worth visiting. So, if you're going to be in Nuremberg at the right time, then go. However, I can't comment on whether it is better to visit Nuremberg rather than any others which might be on/near your itinerary.