FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - any recourse here?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:16 pm
marvanit

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apolloms
I have a car rented for 33 days. I rented a standard (D) and when i showed up they gave me a (YF) Passat. I had it for 3 days as of yesterday before i had to take it back. I had to take it back because I was driving down the road yesterday in the rain and the drivers windshield wiper just flew off. I ended up sitting at the place for about 45 min waiting for them to give me a new car. They gave me an impala to replace it after trying to find a car (not sure why there was a wait because there were tons of cars on the lot since its a major airport location). They also gave me a $25 hertz certificate....my question, can i take this heaping pile of a car they gave me back and get another YF? I really liked the Passat over the impala and i would have kept the passat the whole time had the wiper not flown off....i don't think it makes much of a difference but I am a gold member.
I would have just bought a new wiper for $10 if I liked the car. Much faster than taking it back and get to keep a car I like for 33 days.