FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:49 am
landeej

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Interesting new mood here

I stayed at the Fairfax last weekend, and this was probably my 5th stay since 2011. I've had both good and bad experiences here, but my corporate rate is quite good and I like the older feel of the rooms and property.

Based on conversations with the Front Desk Manager, who checked me in, they seem to have new management and are *very* keen to step up their game and public perception of the property. He'd already gotten my name from the valet as I was getting my coat from my car, had my profile pulled up, and stated clearly that he wanted to make sure an SPG Platinum guest was well taken care of. The SNAs I'd used for the reservation had cleared 2 weeks prior, and I further asked if the Superior Suite was available instead of the Deluxe Suite, as I didn't mind the noise from the back of the hotel alley in exchange for the much larger room, and was happily accommodated.

I didn't dine in the restaurant or hit the bar on this stay, but IRD was top-notch, and any service request was handled within minutes. Upon check-out, I was handed a card with a custom URL to TripAdvisor and kindly requested to leave feedback on my stay.

Long story short - if you're in DC in the near future and want very bespoke service from a hotel very keen to increase visibility for their service, give the Fairfax a shot.