FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaky passengers and the overhead bin.....
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:45 pm
Weez_1000

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tryathlete
I saw something on - the other day that made me think how sneaky people can be, and how it impacts others who behave nicely. I watched a gentlemen load an oversized rollabourd sideways....typical, not good, but typical on UA 737-900. Another passenger boarding almost last,,about 15 minutes later gets on, opens the bin, turns the oversized bag "right ways" with wheels sticking out, and stuffs his carry on into the newly available space. The bin won't close now, but apparently the late boarder was happy as his stuff was in the overhead bin.

Now the bin would not close, and the FA asked my friend in an exit row if he'd mind having this oversize bag put under the seat in front of him. Before I could say "don't do it mate" he said "Ok" enabling the culprit, and the FA said "thank you" and all was settled. He's not particularly tall, so his lack of legroom was not too terrible, but seriously folks!

Anybody else have stories to share about innocent, sneaky acts that drive you crazy?
Im confused by the intent of your post. Who exactly was the sneaky one here? the guy who put his oversized bag in the wrong way purposely, because he knew it wouldnt fit if it was put in properly? or the guy who turned it at the end so his bag would fit?