FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SE Denied UA Lounge Access in IAH on Domestic Ticket
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:43 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Obviously you hit a reception agent who assumed AC (and other partners') STARGold rules were the same as UA STARGold...no access on purely US domestic flights. Did you not ask her to look up the STARGold rules?
Oh god, I can only imagine what would have happened if the OP suggested that.

The contracted TK agent working the *G check-in desk in BLQ yesterday advised me that the only provide a lounge invitation to their own TK frequent fliers, not any other *G members. Since this was not my first rodeo with contract agents, I simply proceeded to the BLQ Airport Lounge and was warmly received with my passport and verbally giving my 9 digits. It was nothing exciting with sad pre-packaged offerings, but the big benefit was fast espressos and an unmarked special security line through a passage way on the opposite side of the lounge. Right there, I was very appreciative of my hard-earned *G status .