FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) [2014-2016]
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:38 pm
zyxlsy

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qantas Platinum, United S
Originally Posted by Majuki
It's been my experience that DCC is rare in Australia, but it can still happen. David Jones, Myer, and duty free shops and airports are the prime locations for DCC in Australia. You don't have to worry too much with most restaurants and cafes although DCC can happen.
I did make a purchase at David Jones (wonder what the owner of the department store felt when Pirates of the Caribbean was premiered), and didn't see DCC. I believe duty free could be different.

Originally Posted by percysmith
I didn't bother with card tips in France - I cashed everyone out. They didn't seem to want to ask even though I thought they deserved it (whenver they were less arrogant than expected).
To me, US is the most tipped country, and it's maybe the only place that you can put a tip on CC after the authorization. Like UK, France, Australia, you need to tell them before hands how much you tip them so they run the card by that new amount.