FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclay US Airways Card Becoming AAdvantage Mastercard
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:29 pm
heyeaglefn

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by ftgee
So, after reading this thread, I went to see how close I was to $25k spending for the 10k EQM. Turns out I am a lot closer than I thought and with the holidays coming up I should be able to get to $25k and be able to maintain my status with the 10k EQM.

But, I found this on Barclay's site:

How do I receive the Preferred-qualifying miles and Award Processing Fee Waiver?
When a Cardmember spends at least $25,000 or more in new Net Purchases (which are not later credited back or rescinded) ("Purchase Requirement") in 2014, a total of 10,000 of those miles will be converted from base miles to Preferred-qualifying Miles 4 to 8 weeks after the Purchase Requirement has been met.

My question is will you get the 10k miles converted before the end of the year no matter what or is there a possibility they won't be converted until after and thus stiffing me from my status? Seems very scary to rely on a 4-8 week window of time for conversion.
I think there is at least one data point around this somewhere in a thread, but I know as soon as my statement cut a few days later it always changed the 10k to PQM. I am not sure if it happens in January what would happen.