FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50K miles (& higher) bonus offers for MileagePlus Explorer card
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:57 am
IADFlyer123

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sac86738
Hi,

Pretty new here and learning the ropes about where to find which types of posts. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Received a targeted offer for 50K miles upon $2K spent in 3 months. Current public offer appears to be 30K for the same spend.

Would like to ask the veterans here: should I take the offer or, in your experience, have you seen higher offers from United and thus I should hold out? I've reviewed the history of Uniter MileagePlus public offers and haven't seen any this high in a while so given that it's targeted (ends Nov 30), I thought I should do my homework--part of which is asking the community for its opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

Take it. This is typically the highest offer (have only heard about a 60K offer, never seen it). The only person who can determine if you need the miles and the card is you - based on your need for miles to travel, need for a card.

But overall, 50K miles is a good deal and the other added benefits of group-2 boarding (If ticket paid by Explorer card), free bag (If ticket paid by Explorer card), Club passes each year, Eligibility for Complimentary upgrades on award tickets in USA (If ticket paid by Explorer card)