FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New SPG website design, launched 15 Oct 2014
Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:56 am
jallred6

Programs: Delta DM, suffering Marriott Titanium
a step backwards

I must agree -- crucial information that was immediately available in the old interface (stays, points, account activity) is now hiding in sub menus and different pages. Someone at SPG seems to think that a cute user interface is more important than information. The new version suffers from the Window 8 disease -- while you can "unify" the interfaces for different devices (desktop and touch), the result is the worst of both worlds, and a suboptimal user experience.

Can I please have the old interface back?

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
This new website fails in so many ways:

1) This website is clearly with the philosophy that everyone uses a tablet or touch screen with these big buttons, and as a result too much dead space and not enough information.

2) Overboard specialization of pages. Instead of one page that one can have the option to do 4-5 tasks of your choice now to do a specific task you need to navigate to a specific page, and that's assuming you know exactly where to navigate.

3) Information that users truly care about are well-hidden or hard to find. Total nights, total stays, current year stays and nights, years being elite, account start date, etc. etc.

4) Webpages are vertically designed with dead space on the sides, meaning some webpages are unnecessarily long that one needs to scroll deep down for some meaningful information. Again, this is designed for tablets, touch screen users, not desktop/laptop users, as a result, you are very unlikely to get anything useful right away when you pull up a page, you need to remember to keep scrolling the mouth down.

I hope SPG website 2.0 is much better...