FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: (from MIA) Need 23K EQM or 17 EQP
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:01 am
trekker954

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Very cool. I've been on the matrix for the past hour or so.

Lots of good options here and I thank mike and beckett.

I've emailed my friend in HKG to see if she's available thanksgiving weekend as I can do a three nighter there for the $1115., if not, I've got on hold Nov. 24-26. Its all booking class Q. As a plat. I can sit in MCE anyway. I have a friend who has an expiring Evip or two also. So if I call to see about a fare to get me EQP 1 I'm not sure how much more that takes. I assumed 1.5 would be way too much more but that would be so nice to just get it with one trip.

Now looking at the MIA-DEN-LAX-MIA, again, very cool and easy. I tried replacing lax with las (one of my favorite places on earth) but the price jumped. I will probably do that Dec. 6 just b/c its a Saturday. I was looking at maybe even staying over one night in DEN as I've never been there even though it will be a tad chilly to say the least. The flight times weren't the greatest, so I wonder if I can stand by for earlier flights to LAX and then to MIA to get me home in the same day vs. the LAX-MIA red eye. Those two legs looked very open. I believe they were offering G code on this itinerary

I do have 48 hours use or lose before the end of the year and I probably have a couple of free night hotel certificates. So I'm now thinking I may actually achieve this goal to get back my ex. plat status.

This past year was the first time I dropped to Plat and I must say I didn't like it one bit. Luckily my colleague had his, and it got us out of a couple of jams when we had flight cancellations and such. AA is just so much nicer to deal with when you have status.

Last edited by trekker954; Nov 4, 2014 at 7:09 am