FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WEIGH IN: Leaving AC, Staying or ALREADY LEFT?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 6:56 am
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by margarita girl
But I knew I was going to miss it because I COULD SEE THE UPGRADE LIST (something AC doesn't think its frequent fliers could handle)!!! So I planned accordingly. Brought snacks, brought my drink vouchers, settled into my bulkhead seat with the getto upgrade (as rankourabu likes to say) using my carry on as an ottoman, and I survived.

Thankfully I'm already upgraded for the return since it's a red eye (love the flat beds on this route).
Knowing that you are not going to clear the day before, one accepts it, and plans accordingly. Looks like your flight had only 1/39 people upgraded - so with 38 paid seats taken - it was impossible.

How do AC people put up with not knowing any of this? DL has all the info on the app too like UA.

Important to mention, that you also didnt have to pay double (flex) in order to just waitlist for the upgrade. Imagine you paid double for flex, and then it did not clear, how would you feel?