FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 security is a total disaster! [inc Fast Track issues]
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:03 am
techie

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
The change to larger trays that they made a while ago was a bad move, in my opinion. Before, trays were smaller, but they slid back into the overall feeding stack and could be recycled around without manual intervention. For me, larger trays didn't result in using fewer of them, because by the time I put my backpack, belt and electronics in, I have to use 2 trays anyway. Longer trays also meant that, unless someone manually moved them into the feeding stack, it was easy for them to block other trays coming out of the scanner. The only reason I like fast track is because it usually has a shorter queue, not because the passing experience is a joy. On occasions, I have used the standard security lanes because they had fewer people in the queue. We sorely need the likes of Pre-Check they have in the US, but I am not holding my breath.