FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:16 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by habshabs444
Just had another chat with someone on the AE line. I had previously confirmed that ORD-BKK had a maximum permitted mileage of 13,213 which seemed a little high compared to YYC (9,776) and YYZ (11,055) but who was I to question it so I was able to come up with a fairly circuitous routing of: ORD-NRT (NH F - stop)-HND-BKK (TG F - POT)-BKK-HKG(TG F)-HKG-ICN(OZ J)-ICN-FRA(OZ F)-FRA-VIE (OS J - stop)-VIE-BRU (SN J)-BRU-IAD (SN J)-IAD-ORD (UA J) which came under the limit. After feeding her all the flights, I was informed that I was over the limit of 12,095. To make matters more confusing, the mileage limits are slightly different on the inbound and outbound as I was told that it depends on what cities you route through which is 100% contradictory to what I was told a couple of days ago.

Needless to say, it's back to the drawing board for me until I call in again and get a completely different story on the new rules.
This is so annoying.