FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do CX's Business Class seats compare to BA's
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:41 pm
SeeBuyFly

It is true that CX's seats are quite hard. The few times I've flown CX F, I've slept much better, which may be due to the added cushion since I'm not large and don't benefit from the extra seat space. (QR provides an added cushion even in J, and I sleep well on QR also.)

It might be interesting to design and make a pad that fits the CX J seats and which one could take in one's carry-on. If the seat measurements were available, one could cut a piece of memory foam. (I am assuming that the left-facing vs right-facing seats could be handled by a single piece of memory foam, one side or the other facing up as needed.)

I can't say anything nice about the BA toadstool at the foot of the seat. CX's fixed version is so much better.

The BA seat takeoff position is comfortable but quite disorienting...I kept thinking the FA would call me out for not having brought the seat to its 'full upright position'.

CX has no good seats for 2 people traveling together. Pulling the seat forward helps but then the seat is uncomfortable. BA's middle seats are intimate for 2 people, if you like the feeling that you're sharing a tiny jail cell.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Nov 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm