FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd daily UA IAH-NRT? (UA back to 1 flight Jan-31-15, ANA Starting 77W in June 2015)
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:36 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by EWR764
Much like UA's wifi rollout, where the pace of mods is immaterial to me if the airplane I'm flying on is not equipped, AA's plan to retrofit its 772s with a (very good) flat bed business class product is vapor unless you're flying select DFW-SCL frequencies at this point.
The problem for UA of course is that the 787-9 is actually new. It's amazing to me that people talk about the AA 772 being "very dated" when the 787 is still going to have these generation-old seats (that are not being well-received by FT'ers) even by the time AA's 772 retrofit is done. This is also completely ignoring the fact that the "very dated" AA 772 has 16 lie-flat seats all with direct aisle access in the front cabin, so it's not like AA fliers don't have good options on this "very dated" plane.