FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:58 am
Funster

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by pogonation
CX253 was the same flight I was having no luck with as well. Eventually gave up after multiple times trying and booked HKG-MXP-LHR instead.
Looking for a bit of advice as this is my first time on the US board(!) given I've not flown US for a long time...

I was wanting to cash in some of my DM balance in April/May next year on an LHR-DEL-HKG-LHR.

I had thought I may be able to do this as a LHR-HKG with stopover in DEL for 100k in F.

Called last night and had no issues finding availability on LHR-DEL in F on BA, and DEL-HKG in C (F not operated) on CX, but HKG-LHR was a struggle, and appears to be running into the same problem as pogonation encountered with the CX253.

BA and KVS both show availability on the CX253 on 5th May 2015 in F, but two agents on the US reservations line said they couldn't. They could see availability on the 255 on 4th May (but that's not really much good for me), and the 253 on 10th May (again, not much good for my dates).

So two questions...

Has anybody got more recent experience of this? As in getting availability for a DM redemption to match-up with what's showing on BA and KVS for the CX253?

And would my routing work anyway? i.e. LHR-DEL-HKG-LHR for 100k DM in F as the second agent I spoke with said it wouldn't as the DEL stopover made it invalid - stopovers needing to be in one of the airline's hub cities, i.e. LHR/LGW for BA or HKG for CX, which I must admit, was a new one on me!