FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: Ewr-iah-pos $300 (3.7cpm)
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:26 pm
catgirl

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Tight turnaround is okay AS LONG AS the customs hall is not busy!

Did what was supposed to be a 100-minute turnaround this morning -- but the inbound was late from EWR. So there I was standing in the immigration hall with at least 300 people in front of me at 5:40 AM and boarding was supposed to begin for my 6:39 AM flight at 6:04 AM. And the line was crawling, and I mean inching along at a painfully slow pace! Even though my outbound aircraft was the same one I had just come in on, I went into panic mode! Had to sweet talk my way, POS-IAH boarding pass in hand, through 3 mainly uninterested "staff" people before I finally spoke to one of the wheelchair attendants who graciously let me go through the wheelchair line!

The immigration agent asked me if I was doing a mileage run!! Then shook her head with a smile at my response and sent me on my way. As a previous poster advised, I took the escalator back up (before going to the baggage hall) and the rest was easy. And of course my departing flight was delayed because of the late inbound aircraft, which I expected.

Just wanted to let people know that a quick turnaround is okay AS LONG AS another flight doesn't come in just before you! Be prepared to do some fast-talking if you find yourself in a similar situation.