FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Team Madness - 14 weeks, 200k miles, 5 continents, CI brand new business
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:48 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Macau to Taipei on EVA Air B777-300ER in business (MFM-TPE BR C)

I wasn't quite sure what to expect in the way of transfer facilities given the relatively small size of airport, but I think I had enough time to clear immigration twice if needed. I didn't need to clear immigration. From where the bus dropped us off at the terminal it was up one level and then down a corridor that had a mural on each wall depicting key moments in Macau aviation history. Through a metal detector and up another level to departures.

I already had a lounge invite card marked "EVA lounge" so wandered around the small terminal just in case they really did have their own lounge. No, there is only a Premium Plaza lounge in the terminal, and that has no signpost indicating which airlines use it. I assumed this was used by EVA and this was confirmed by the lounge bouncer. The lounge is fairly basic. Some food & drink, crowded with chairs, wifi. No computer terminals. No shower. No bathroom. In fact, it is nicer out in the terminal, so I left after spending just a few minutes inside.

I wandered a bit more and soon it was time to board, or rather wait in the bus for (almost) all passengers to board. The flight back had a load of at most 50 passengers (across all cabins) and so I had the second business class cabin almost to myself. This is smaller than the front cabin, but has a disadvantage of more passengers traipsing past on the way to their seats.

The crew welcomed me back and proceeded to continue their attempts to get me drunk, starting before take off.

During our ascent we flew almost directly over Hong Kong airport, the clouds parting just at the right time to see the busy airport below us.

All too soon the flight was over. We landed on time and I made my way through security and across to the other side of the terminal to visit the lounge before my next flight.