FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:30 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I always guarantee my bookings with a current credit card. It may well be that those hotels who are asking for further info on F&F bookings have suffered in the past from people booking this rate and not showing up. Or from people making and cancelling multiple bookings. Then again, an easy fix for that problem would be to make it a pay up front rate.
I don't think that is the explanation. I always guarantee bookings with a credit card too, and in recent months, checks/queries have been numerous whilst until about 12-18 months ago, like you, I was never even asked for name at check in. The queries are by no means automatic, and I don't think they follow a pattern. I have said in hotels where people had horror stories without being asked a thing, and I have also received emails from hotels where nobody had reported any interest in friend's contact before, but the increased proportion of checks is most definite.