FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hiking Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:42 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
Dragon's back from the bus stop is just 150 m up and 350 m downhill (elevation), the distance is about 8 km. It is a nice hike on a weekday, but with kids you will need significantly more than 1.5 h (I'd carry a 4 yo after he gets too impatient).

HK trail from the peak is easier (no hills unless you want to do them) and also much easier and faster to get to.

For Dragon's back you will need to go to Shau Kei Wan MTR station and take Bus number 9 from there. Back from Big wave bay there is a Minibus. To the Peak I suggest the peak tram at least one way.

For the weather, you always can catch a misty day, but it is not mostly misty as is Lantau Peak.
Thanks a lot. Is there an abridged version (up to 4-5km walk total) of Dragon's Back that might work for us and still covers the highlights?

I've done the HK trail from the Peak to the reservoir before kids, have done the Lugard-Harlech loop with the kids. Now looking to do something different on our next visit, and I'm just really intrigued by the pictures I see of a trail along the ridge with slope on either side and the ocean as backdrop.