FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:32 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Blindman --

Entertainment Rate is from a card that has somewhat gone out of fashion, that used to give discounts on restaurants, travel etc., but many of their advertisers have taken instead to discounting thru groupon, living social and the like, so the card does not have as good offerings as it once had.

However, at least in the US, there is a drop down box that supports the Entertainment rate, that sometimes can be almost the same as a AAA or senior rate, but many times is very deeply discounted and much better than these. AAA and Senior/AARP rates do earn points, but Entertainment Discounted rates do not.

Entertainment rates used to accumulate IHG points and IHG with their up to date IT, as of a few years ago, would still have a page stating when you booked that rate, you would earn X points = 10 times your room rate, which is normal. However, that was truly wrong, because despite what the booking page said, they determined it was a deeply discounted rate and would not award you any points.

As it became commonly known that it was wrong, and despite what the booking page stated, no points were given because it was a deeply discounted rate and I an probably others would no longer book those rates. Nevertheless, it still had some appeal to some people who cared squat about points accumulation as the drop down for that rate is still evident on the IHG.com website in the USA.

I have not tried to book such a rate recently, so I don't know if the booking page still states that points will be earned despite the clear indication that this is not the case.

Consequently, my inquiry as to whether that is what the booking page stated with respect to the Flash sale. Sadly, apparently unlike last year as has been reported, the terms and conditions are silent on points earning and promotional purposes.

Good luck, but at least with me, I am highly averse to booking a non-refundable rate without knowing that it actually will turn out well for me in the end, otherwise, I would pass.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 31, 2014 at 7:43 pm