FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:55 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by windwalker
Checked in this morning to the 57
VERY nice, received a corner room, 3209
Lounge is very nice, we ate/drank out fill

Can anyone recommend a nice resturant within walking distance?
prefer Thai

Thanks
Wonder if we ran into each other? I left the hotel at six on Halloween night.

Ask them in the hotel for a recommendation. My advice would be the street food across Soi 57 from the hotel. I noticed all the staff goes there for lunch. Or if you want fancier street food, head down to Soi 38. And by fancier, there are real plastic chairs, as opposed to upside down buckets to be used as stools. You are likely looking for something with waiters. And running water. And a kitchen.

While the staff at the JW and Ren are outstanding, the staff at the FS might be the best I've encountered at any Marriott. The CL attendants are each so dedicated to making sure every guest has everything possible. They remember every detail for each guest. They ask if you want your preferred drinks, food, etc. They gave me outstanding shopping advice. The front desk allowed me a six o'clock late check out. The housekeepers were cleaning things I never thought anyone ever cleans, and I'm a little particular on the cleaning. (When I leave home, often two or three times a week, I put my suitcases in the car and go back to vacuum, dust and leave everything perfect.)

And let the morning crew in teh CL know that they guy the brought lanngons to is bragging about them on the Internet!