FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start Here.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 pm
Dizcards

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey
It's a YMMV situation. Some store there's a policy against it, but it's not hard coded into the POS systems, and you may get lucky with a cashier. Where it's hard coded, you're out of luck. Some stores are wide open, but require ID/record info over a certain amount. Not sure about OSS, since I don't have any convenient for me, but supermarkets are pretty soft.
Looks like I'll be doing some figuring out this wkd, then! Maybe if I throw in a retail store GC or 2 I'll be able to combine them and pay with a CC. A local OSS didn't even bat an eye when I bought $1k in retail store GC's (and nothing else) a month ago. I just said they were gifts, and that was that.

One last question...other than WalMart not willing to accept OneVanilla VGC's for loads to MO's or BillPay anymore, are there any other restrictions for the VGC type I need to get? Do I just want to aim to purchase the highest value VGC's possible that have a PIN enabled so I can use them as debit in the method desired (Serve would probably be my #1 choice)? I'm not looking to go crazy here, so I'm not worried about being targeted. I just want to get through the $8k spend initially, and then see how my experiences go locally before deciding if I want to pursue MS any further.