FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:18 pm
JFKjolly

Originally Posted by sdsearch
First, don't SM this kind of stuff, call (or chat) interactively. You can't effectively negotiate back-and-forth through SM.

Second, if they can't give you AC passes for that reason, ask them if they can offer you one of the offers they send to (some) existing members for getting AC passes for doing a certain amount of spend in certain categories:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...red-spend.html

But again, I think it'll take a back-and-forth conversation (after you've read the linked thread) to explain to them (maybe even to a supervisor) what you're actually asking about. In any SM, they'll say "no" even if the only problem is that they don't understand what you're asking about. Only in an interactive conversation (voice call or online chat) can you gauge whether the person at the other end really understands what you're asking about.
Roger that, I definitely see what you mean now re: negotiation ability via a call. I had just read previous reports of some people receiving AC passes instantly from an SM and went for the low-hanging (lazy) fruit. Also a very good insight into escalation to a supervisor and that targeted spend offer--I had read about it but hadn't thought about leveraging it on my account. Thanks!