FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked my first WestJet ticket ever yesterday...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:19 pm
WestJet
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....due to all the recent enhancements on AC after 20+ years of loyalty and 16 or 17 years of being E, they finally made me do it.
So I will report back to all other WJ neophytes on my experience.
Booked a Plus seat which is WJ speak for an E+, I get booze, food and pre-boarding all for about $100 less than a flex fare on the same routing (yyz-ywg) on the same day around the same time.
So I will report back...warts and all about what I think. If it sucks you will know and if its decent I will report that back as well.
Wish me luck......
We look forward to reading your report, HomerJ! Your flight will be different to what you're used to; we're trusting you'll enjoy the experience - and most importantly, your interactions with our people. We truly feel they are what sets us apart from our competitors. Welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by hazcaddy
OP:
One darn annoying thing with WS regular seats is that the controls for everything are where your wrist rests, making it uncomfortable to put your arm on the arm rest. Pls let us know on your "Luxury WS" voyage report whether those seats have the same issue - it's a biggie for me as to why I don't fly WS.
It does get a little finnicky, yes. The system is in need of an upgrade, and that has started earlier this month. In time our TVs will be removed from all aircraft and the new system will be available on board our 737s and 767s. Take a look: http://fly.ws/WestJetWiFi.

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Just paid for my a WS ticket too. Looking forward to Plus - roughly the same as Flex. Hope my status clears - not that it matters in Plus. Submitted a status match a few hours ago
We'll be getting to these early status-match requests much earlier than the 30-day promise, and any WestJet dollars will be awarded regardless of your status. Hopefully you'll get it before your flight though - reports are our people have today enjoyed acknowledging our Gold members thanks to the flag on the boarding passes.