FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever get upgraded from Intermediate to PCAR?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:54 pm
neo_781

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I agree that it is very much station dependent. I will hold that I see better SUVs (Grand Cherokee/Tahoe, Yukon, Enclave/Acadia) on ES more often than I see better PCARs (Lacrosse, Cadenza, 300C). For awhile it was reported that MCO was putting K900s on ES, but I've never seen anything like that on an aisle anywhere. On the other end of the spectrum, at TUL you'll rarely see anything other than a Captiva on ES, but they will at least let Exec Elites chose from the PCAR section (if there are any available, my last 2 rentals there I've arrived after 9pm and all that was left was minivans).
+1 I think its is station and time dependent.

I would also add that in my experience, If you rent from major locations that have space issues (i.e. PHL and SFO) and rent during "rush hours" you are more likely to see more premium cars or SUV's (and sometimes more compacts). Some locations simply don't have space to store all the cars over the weekend so when they start replenishing the aisles on Monday morning they are placing the cars based on how they were stored over the weekend. It does seem that they try to put the "better" cars in the ES aisle but with space constraints a lot of times it can be a crap shoot.