FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty accessing AEP-USH awards
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:23 pm
ozflier

Difficulty accessing AEP-USH awards

I have been trying to use the Qantas BA award search engines to find availability on some intra South American flights.

I can find award seats Santaigo (SCL) to Punta Arenas ( PUQ) but both systems do not recognise Ushuaia (USH) as a possible destination ( from Buenos Aires EZE / AEP or indeed from anywhere). Both are on the same latitude pretty well.

I am not saying that there are no award flights listed EZE/AEP-USH ( I understand that ) more that USH is just not recognised in the search engine at all. The BA agent did confirm that she could see USH as a destination but I am really not up to ringing twice daily to check- not an elite member. Unfortunately Expertflyer cannot access LAN award availability.

I cannot access the LAN award search.

Do you think it is a matter of LAN not thinking that it would be a popular flight for QFF/BA Exec members ( it is on LAN frequent flier destinations) or does the QFF/BA award system booking system simply not recognise USH as a possible destination-? computer or original software input glitch.

I’d be grateful for your thoughts?