FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-EU: what happens if BA cancel the outbound flight?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:05 pm
Magic01273

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I haven't had this happen myself, but the technical position is clear. Even if it's a cancellation or a delay to the LHR-AMS, that's a separate and unconnected journey from the AMS-LHR or LHR-HKG flights.
I do get what you are saying here - and whilst "technically" correct - I disagree strongly with any suggestion that, due to the fact these are separate bookings, BA do not maintain any responsibility for your entire journey in a case like this.

Don't get me wrong, I completely accept that in situations where the positioning flight is not with BA, BA would not have any responsibility (beyond goodwill) to sort this out. And I also agree with following C-W-S's advice (in the interest of a stress-free life). However if both positioning and subsequent flights are with BA, their case for leaving a passenger high-and-dry in these circumstances is, in my view, extremely weak.