FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 pm
Alpha Golf

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
My recent flight with DTVs had the screens defaulted not to the usual CNBC, but to Newsmax TV - a self-proclaimed conservative network attempting to outflank Fox News. When I boarded, the graphics were screaming about voting fraud conspiracies.

Really, United? How is politically alienating a major proportion of your customer base just to flog this new network good for business? (And before anyone asks and we drift to OMNI-land, no, it would not be any more excusable if it was a network peddling any equally-unsubstantiated left-wing conspiracies.)
You're not the only one who noticed. From Paul Krugman's New York Times blog:

"Last night Atif Mian and I flew up to Boston for a conference — and as I slid into my seat, who should I see staring at me but Ron Paul. It turned out that all of the seatback screens in the plane were showing Newsmax TV — who knew there was such a thing? Is it there to serve people who find Fox News too liberal? — and as best I could tell from the visual context (the sound was blessedly off), the elder Paul was lecturing us about monetary policy."