FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai, Seychelles, and Vegas for BAcon (EK J/F, CX J, HM Y, Burj Al Arab, and more!)
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:02 pm
sfoactuary

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by farbster
It's a good thing that you had more than one bathroom. I hate when they have the toilet right in the middle of the bathroom. That's among the worst sins, especially since they had tons of room!
Originally Posted by offerendum
Absolutely. Personally I find the bathrooms at Burj underwhelming. Not bad but also not great (not seperate toilet, no window, bathtub not so spacious). The problem with the toilet isn`t so much one because the 2nd toilet in the basement.
Agreed, you're definitely front and center in the middle of the bathroom, and staring at yourself in the mirror. Leaves nothing to the imagination!

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
Very nice trip report overall, I particularly enjoyed the DXB-LAX portion of the report which yet again shows how amazing CX J is Just curious, was your flight to LAX CX884, 882 or 880?
Thanks so much for reading! We were actually on neither, it was CX 898 which is the first of the day leaving HKG at 10AM and arrives at LAX at 7AM. Schedule is great if you need to be somewhere that day as we were through immigration/customs by 7:15AM.

Originally Posted by avneeshj
CX J is absolutely fantastic. It's definitely the best in terms of sleep comfort. I am surprised that the IFE didn't have anything you were interested in. CX IFE is one of the better ones around I thought.
I'll cut CX some slack since I had already watched 4-5 of the latest movies on the outbound trip on Emirates, so it could have been slim pickings on any airline at that point.

Agree that CX J really is fantastic. I've never taken a long-haul SQ J flight and am interested to see how that compares.