FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:07 pm
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ZenWorld

I viewed it as a brilliant move initially by Accor-Aeroplan: they had the best promo for the 4th quarter 2014 by a mile (or many miles ), then suddenly not honoring it. It is not even a mistake promotion.
I totally agree with you. Accor should honor it and bite the bullet for not anticipated the outcome of their own promotion. Pulling it out before it expires create a big mark for Accor, which I think not the first time they do. This is why I am quite reluctant to make Accor my only or prime hotel program. Although it seems to me that I am now one of their longest standing AdvantagePlus member in Singapore. (well at least this is what they told me when they invited me for the Serena Williams events at Sofitel So).

The big question here now is: how much can we trust Accor for our loyalty, if they can shift goal post less than 1 month into the promotion, for a quarterly promo?
Can't agree more..... That's why I never made Le Club as my number one program, which I should. Because of this fickle minded things, I do not want do. They even deregulate the points that have been posted wrongly. In my opinion, they should honor it.

My suggestion: honor the promotions. Perhaps they should have limited it to the higher tier hotels. Personally, I would still accept it if they allowed the promotion to continue, for their upper brands only - Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, and maybe Grand Mercure (these are not Mercures).

Perhaps cheap Ibis to earn 5000 aeroplans is too much, but it was a marketing team unprepared for this scenario, but culling the promotion in full really brings down the Accor reputation.
They should honor it until the expiry date i.e. 31-Dec-2014, without making any chance of the T&C. It is their marketing blunder and yes probably cost them money. But they have just have to bite the bullet.

I think the Aeroplan miles is not the only problem. Out of sudden, now they have so many Platinum member.

I have told the AdvantagePlus Program Manager in Singapore that what I am looking for as a long standing member is they should just give me a Platinum status for AdvantagePlus member for more than 10 years. So, 0-5 -> Silver, 6-10 -> Gold, > 10 -> Platinum.

I think this is fair, as we have been a loyal customer and they should reward us with our loyalty. But he told me, they have problem with the HQ on this.