FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10,000 bonus points with accor/aeroplan [expired]
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:29 pm
ZenWorld

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I had 2 stays in Novotel Singapore last week. (Not back to back)

None were posted, and one is already more than 7 days.

I wonder if it has to do with this Aeroplan bonus issue that the Hotel is holding back the posting; i.e. trying not to honor it.

While Accor Concierge did a good clarification, it remains to be seen how difficult it will be to get those points [before and after 27 Oct 2014? - no notice that the promo will be brought forward to 27 Oct 2014 booking deadline either - this is changing clauses]; I must add while the promotion was really good and got everyone excited and talking about it, and even switching all their stays to Accor, suddenly cutting the promotion does not do their reputation any good.

I viewed it as a brilliant move initially by Accor-Aeroplan: they had the best promo for the 4th quarter 2014 by a mile (or many miles ), then suddenly not honoring it. It is not even a mistake promotion.

I was looking forward to 2 more stays this weekend (and many more till the end of the year) at Accor and another 10 days in total for 2 trips; now I am not so sure, as I have not booked the Accor stays. A rival chain may get my business now.

The big question here now is: how much can we trust Accor for our loyalty, if they can shift goal post less than 1 month into the promotion, for a quarterly promo?

Given that Accor is the first website to pull the promotion, and the points are first awarded in Accor before posting to Aeroplan, Accor has to front this mess.

My suggestion: honor the promotions. Perhaps they should have limited it to the higher tier hotels. Personally, I would still accept it if they allowed the promotion to continue, for their upper brands only - Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, and maybe Grand Mercure (these are not Mercures).

Perhaps cheap Ibis to earn 5000 aeroplans is too much, but it was a marketing team unprepared for this scenario, but culling the promotion in full really brings down the Accor reputation.

Finally, I hope my Novotel Singapore stays get posted soon, along with the bonus points.

And pending how Accor rescue this promo campaign mess, I am re-considering all my stays in Accor, in favor of other chains, if Accor insists on no longer honoring the promotion.

I trust Accor Concierge will send the message to the Senior Management, as this is brand damage. And hope to hear some good news from Accor, especially when Aeroplan has maintained the promo webpage. (That is saying something perhaps?)