FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about oneworld baggage fees
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:26 pm
skiflyzander

Question about oneworld baggage fees

Hello all. I have a few trips coming up in November/December that I need to start preparing for. A few of my friends (teammates) will be making this trip with me and do not currently hold status with a OneWorld airline. I'll be the only one with status and this gets me an extra bag, but the other guys won't be so lucky.

American has an exception to baggage fees for folks traveling on the same reservation:

-The following passengers will be allowed a 1st and 2nd checked bag at no additional charge (for tickets purchased on or after April 8, 2014) provided it falls within the size and weight limitations. These free checked bag allowances apply on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and American Eagle service. American Eagle service is operated by Envoy Airlines Inc. On flights operated by other carriers, different baggage charges may apply. Be sure to check your itinerary and receipt to see which airlines’ charges apply.

Customers flying on the same reservation as an American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum* or Platinum member or oneworld alliance Emerald* or Sapphire member regardless of frequent flyer status or fare type (not applicable to group bookings)-

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/baggageExceptions.jsp

So I have been doing some research for the airlines We'll be flying (Finnair, Air Berlin, S7) and I can't seem to find any info if these airlines have a similar policy. Would anyone happen to know if these airlines have the same standards as AA?

Thanks a bunch!