FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Purchase Reservation in Error / Discussion best flexible vs. adv. purchase rate
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:39 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Seems like you and the OP like to blame others for your own lack of focus. There is simply no excuse for not carefully reading the details as you make the booking. As for the suggestions about social media and the class action, they're just laughable.
I'm glad I could make you laugh. As for how justified that is depends on how many people actually fall for "Best Flexible Rate" which is fully unflexible. Just up now (Guangzhou, 9/2):

Best Flexible Rate
‎ ‎¥ 900.00 CNY

Non-Refundable Rate
Deposit required
Most popular rate
View Rate Details
If enough people fall for it, it's misleading. I almost fell for it a couple of times (being used to booking flexible "Best Flexible Rates", so I can imagine that others go all the way. But we had this discussion before and some people here seem to find it fully acceptable to call a rate "Best flexible rate", even though it's not.

As of now we don't know what the OP has actually booked, so it's a moot point to discuss if he is a victim of deceptive advertisement or just a victim of momentary absent-mindedness.

HTB.